One should eat to live, not live to eat.—
You are what you eat
This department is in charge of designing the kitchen, water stations, maintaining the kitchen schedule and making sure the kitchen is functional the whole time.
At Let it Go we believe in shared reliance! Each member must team up and sign up for a cooking shift. Teams take one night during the week and are responsible for buying, cooking, and tidying up after themselves on their night. Dinner should be served before dark to make things easier on everyone. Members of camp do their own dishes!
Are you excited about food? Do you like to eat? We need volunteers to take charge of the kitchen. This department is in charge of designing the kitchen, water stations, maintaining the kitchen schedule and making sure the kitchen is functional the whole time.
One should eat to live, not live to eat.
- Design and build the kitchen, need to ensure it not exposed to the elements, includes some kind of flooring, walls and entries
- Ensure our kitchen include space for coolers, cookware, cooking counter space, washing station, recycling/trash
- Ensure the kitchen is functional, for a list of kitchen items, see the Master Burning Man spreadsheet
- Ensure we include a fully functional dining area, find a way to make the dining area more social, perhaps away from the kitchen
- The kitchen must include water stations for cooking and washing dishes, the washing station should include running water and must drain to a gray water station
- Print the kitchen cooking and cleaning schedule and display in the kitchen
- Ensure that each night has volunteers for cooking dinner and after dinner cleanup
- Collect food allergies and ensure they are communicated out to all of the cooking crew, ensure all cooking teams include a vegetarian option
^*Oustanding question - who owns the setup from last year? Do we need to get a new one or can we use last years?